Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of our services and Moon Private Hire Ltd, the operator of
this service (hereinafter “Moon Private Hire”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Your agreement to comply with and be
bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the services. If you do not
agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the services immediately. These
Agreement and where applicable with our Driver Terms and Conditions, which are hereby incorporated by
Scope of application
The following terms and conditions are an integral part of all contracts between us, Moon Private Hire
Ltd of Great Michael House, 14 Links Place, Edinburgh, EH6 7EZ, Scotland and you as our customer.
These terms and conditions also apply to all contracts brokered by Moon Private Hire between
customers and the Moon Private Hire contract partners (“Drivers”) who provide transport services
under the "Moon Private Hire" brand (hereinafter "Provider").
- “Moon Private Hire” is the name under which Moon Private Hire Ltd (hereinafter "Moon Private
Hire") appears on the market and offers its service.
- "Service" means the booking system (platform) operated by Moon Private Hire for passenger
transport by independent third party Private Hire Drivers in various Scottish cities.
- "Intermediary Platforms" means multi-modal booking platforms that provide Moon Private Hire
rides to their customers.
- "Provider" means the Drivers that provide passenger transportation as independent third party
Private Hire Driver arranged by the Service under the Moon Private Hire brand.
- "Vehicle" means the motor vehicle used by the Provider to provide the passenger transport
arranged by the Service.
- "App" means the smartphone application for Android and iOS that Customers can download free
of charge from the relevant "App Store".
- "Contract of Carriage" means the contract which the Customer concludes with the Provider and
which has as its object the carriage of passengers against payment.
- "Passenger" means the transported person who concludes a contract of carriage with a Provider
through the Moon Private Hire Platform.
- "Conditions of Carriage" means that part of these Terms and Conditions which govern the
contract of carriage of passengers between the Customer and the Provider.
- "Reservation" for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions means the reservation of a place
on a Vehicle. Such a reservation does not yet constitute the conclusion of a contract of carriage.
Use of the app and transport services as subjects of performance
- Moon Private Hire provides its customers with the app for download free of charge, which the
customer can install on his/her smartphone. The app enables the customer to use the service to
request transport from a provider and, if available, to reserve it under the conditions specified in
- Following the booking, the passenger enters into a contract of carriage for which a charge is made
for each journey. In accordance these terms and conditions, this contract of carriage is concluded
with the Provider. In accordance with the booking, the Provider shall transport the passenger in
the respective area at a fixed price individually determined for each journey in accordance with the
provisions in these terms and conditions.
Use of the App and the Service
- Moon Private Hire makes the app available to the customer for free use in accordance with the
- With the use of the app and the service, the customer concludes a platform usage contract with
Moon Private Hire. The platform use is free of charge for the customer.
- The platform usage contract with Moon Private Hire also comes into effect if the customer uses
the service indirectly via the app of an intermediary platform. The service is only available to a
limited extent to customers who use the service via an intermediary platform.
- In order to conclude the platform usage contract, the customer must be of age and legally
- Customers with limited legal capacity assure by agreeing to these terms and conditions that their
legal representative has consented to the conclusion of the contract.
- Moon Private Hire reserves the right to verify this consent. The verification can also be done by
- The consent also refers to the conclusion of individual transport contracts with the providers .
- Moon Private Hire customers can book journeys via the service with a provider for a third party. As
a passenger, the third party concludes a contract of carriage with the provider without being a
customer of the Moon Private Hire platform. this is an independent contract that is only mediated
by Moon Private Hire.
- If a customer reserves a Moon Private Hire for a third party (passenger), the customer must inform
the passenger of the validity of the terms and conditions of carriage below.
- If a legal representative books a journey for the represented person because the latter is not
legally competent, the legal representative must also conclude the contract of carriage with the
provider on behalf of the represented person at the start of the journey (contract for the benefit
- A contractual relationship subject to a charge is only established by the conclusion of a contract
carriage at the start of the journey.
- Insofar as the use of the mobile terminal associated with the app gives rise to costs, these
payment obligations shall be borne by the customer himself/herself. The subject matter of the app
and the service offered does not include access and connection to the Internet. Furthermore, the
customer shall be responsible for ensuring, at his/her/ own expense, the technical requirements,
the configuration and performance of the mobile end device as well as the up-to-dateness of the
- In order to use the service, it is necessary to set up a customer account (account) on the Moon
Private Hire platform. For this purpose, the customer must first register for the Moon Private Hire
service by truthfully stating his/her first and last name (hereinafter "user name"), his/her
number, his/her e-mail address and by specifying a password. Only one registration may be made
per customer. In the event that a customer creates several accounts and thus gains the
opportunity to abuse any credit actions to his/her advantage, Moon Private Hire reserves the right
to block the account without prior notice. Likewise, Moon Private Hire reserves the right to block
the account without prior notice if there are indications that justify the suspicion that the
is using the account in an unlawful manner or misusing it in a way that may harm Moon Private
Hire, the Moon Private Hire brand, the provider or another third party. Moon Private Hire reserves
the right to pursue civil claims.
- Moon Private Hire grants its customers the option to pay the transport fees owed within the scope
of the separate transport service cashless via the app by way of the payment methods offered.
The payments are processed by a payment service provider commissioned by Moon Private Hire
and the provider. For this purpose, the customer can deposit his/her credit card data in his/her
account during registration. During the payment process at the end of the transport service, the
customer can choose which of the deposited payment methods he/she would like to use for the
specific payment process. Alternatively, the customer can activate the automatic payment function
and thus the payment of the transport charge is made automatically upon conclusion of the
transport contract. The stored payment methods can be changed, adjusted or cancelled at any
time via the app.
- The customer is obliged to keep his/her user name and password safe. He is not authorised to
disclose this information to third parties or to allow them access to the app. The customer is
responsible for the confidentiality and security of his/her account. In the event of unauthorised
of the app by third parties, the customer must inform Moon Private Hire of this immediately.
Booking of the transport service
- In order to book a transport service, the customer first sends a non-binding trip request via the
and provides the necessary key data for the desired transport service. The Moon Private Hire
booking system analyses the feasibility of the request taking into account the concept and notifies
the customer whether the desired transport service can be carried out.
- If the customer wishes to transport luggage that exceeds the usual hand luggage size, an
additional space must be booked for this. The Provider reserves the right to refuse transport to
customers in the event of non-compliance. Wheelchairs or other walking aids are not considered
baggage for the purposes of this rule. Wheelchairs and other walking aids are always transported
free of charge and without booking an additional seat, provided that the boot capacity of the
- In the event of the feasibility of a journey request, the service opens up the possibility for the
customer to book the transport service under the conditions specified. Moon Private Hire
guarantees the stated fare in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Both the Provider and the Client are entitled to cancel the booking until the conclusion of the
contract of carriage. However, Moon Private Hire may charge at its sole discretion a cancellation
Availability and changes
- The customer has no claim to constant and uninterrupted availability of the app and services or to
complete and timely transmission of information. Moon Private Hire reserves the right to change
the app in a manner reasonable to the customer at its own discretion, in particular to further
develop and improve the app and the service and to correct errors.
- Moon Private Hire is also entitled to stop offering the app and the service at any time, even
without informing the customer individually.
- Likewise, the customer has no claim to the subsequent conclusion of a contract of carriage. The
provider, mediated by Moon Private Hire, offers transport services. The provider reserves the right
to change these services at its own discretion or to discontinue the service altogether.
Rights of Use and Obligations
- Subject to the following restrictions and conditions, Moon Private Hire grants the customer a
limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, revocable and non-transferable licence for the private
installation and use of the app on the customer's mobile device as well as access to and use of all
content, information and related materials made available via the app.
- Moon Private Hire does not grant the customer any rights to the app beyond the provision (1) of
these terms and conditions. The customer is not entitled to copy, distribute or otherwise profitably
exploit the app or to make changes to the app. In particular, the customer is not entitled to
examine the functioning of the app, to decompile it, to disassemble it into its components, to
reconstruct it or to use its code or other components to create their own software programmes.
- The customer must use the app in such a way that no impairment of the operation or function of
the app occurs. The customer is not permitted to attempt to gain unauthorised access to or impair
any part of the app and the systems or networks connected to it.
- The customer is not permitted to remove references to copyrights, trademarks or other property
rights of Moon Private Hire from the respective part of the app.
Liability within the scope of using the app
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Moon Private Hire Ltd accepts no liability for any direct
or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special
or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Services or any information contained therein.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts Moon Private Hire Ltd’s liability for
death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Moon Private Hire
- Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the
relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. However, in the event that any of these
terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed
severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the
remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular
term is illegal.
If the customer culpably violates an obligation from these terms and conditions or if the customer
culpably violates rights of third parties through or during the use of the app and Moon Private Hire is
therefore claimed against by third parties, the customer indemnifies Moon Private Hire from any
liability towards these third parties as well as the costs of an appropriate legal prosecution. If third
parties assert claims against Moon Private Hire due to the infringement or violation of rights, the
customer is obliged to provide Moon Private Hire with all information necessary for defence.
- The passenger concludes a separate contract of carriage with costs each time he/she starts a
journey. The contract of carriage is concluded between the passenger and a provider also
operating under the Moon Private Hire brand.
- By way of clarification, it is pointed out that any claims arising from the passenger transport
arranged via the app relate exclusively to the relationship between the provider and the passenger
themselves. Moon Private Hire assumes no liability for this. The passenger has to comply with
his/her respective contractual partner.
Conclusion of Contract
- With the start of the journey, the Provider and the passenger conclude a contract of carriage for
the transport service in the sense of the booking. The journey is commenced as soon as the
passenger enters the vehicle and the driver confirms the performance of the transport and there is
agreement on this.
- Upon conclusion of the contract, the passenger agrees to these terms and conditions.
- The passenger expressly agrees to time delays during the transport service by the provider.
- Moon Private Hire vehicles are not specially designed for the transport of disabled people (e.g.
wheelchair users) and the provider's drivers are not specially trained to assist disabled people
during transport. Nevertheless, drivers are required to provide transport wherever possible. If a
driver does not feel able to provide the required assistance, he or she may refuse transport.
Claims for damages against the provider or Moon Private Hire do not arise from this.
Non-execution of a booking
- A booking is not executed if it is cancelled by the provider or the customer before the contract of
carriage is concluded. However, Moon Private Hire may charge at its sole discretion a cancellation
- A booking will also not be carried out if the passenger, for whatever reason, is not found at the
starting point resulting from the booking. In such cases, the provider shall make reasonable efforts
to locate the customer and to realise the transport service.
- If a booking in the sense of the above paragraphs 1 and 2 is not carried out, no claims arise on
either side. However, Moon Private Hire reserves the right to no longer offer the customer
services via the app in the future in the event of repeated non-executed bookings and to arrange
transport services, insofar as this can be attributed to the customer's behaviour.
- Moon Private Hire further reserves the right not to offer services to customers via the app or the
service if these disrupt business operations. This includes above-average cancellations, non-
appearance at the pick-up location, disrespectful treatment of drivers as well as attempts to abuse
or sabotage the service or the concept.
General terms and conditions of use of the transport service
- During the transport service, the passenger is obliged to follow the driver's instructions. The
passenger must behave considerately towards other passengers and the driver. Moon Private
Hire reserves the right to block the account of the customer, through which the journey was
booked, if justified complaints are received about the passenger.
- The consumption of food in the Vehicle is not permitted. Drinks may only be consumed with the
condition that they do not contaminate the Vehicle.
- The Provider reserves the right to charge passengers for cleaning the Vehicle that became
necessary due to culpable contamination by the Customer. The applicable cleaning fee of £50 will
be charged to the customer and paid directly to the driver for the cleaning services. In any such
circumstances the Provider is urged to obtain photographic evidence and to issue a receipt for the
cleaning services to the passenger.
- The carriage of animals is strictly limited to guide dogs and the Provider must not refuse to carry
a guide dog.
- The provider is not liable for items forgotten in the Vehicle. Each passenger is obliged to take
of his/her personal belongings and to take them with him or her when leaving the vehicle. The
Provider is not obliged to store forgotten items or to protect them from destruction, damage or
- Moon Private Hire guarantees the customer that the transport service will be carried out at the
price displayed for this journey and confirmed by the customer by booking the journey and by the
passenger at the start of the journey when the transport contract is concluded in accordance with
these terms and conditions.
- Nonetheless, the fare price may change if for example the route taken or the time of travel has
changed in comparison to specifications of the booking and in line with the customers
specifications. Passengers may amend the fare specifications during the trip however any such
amendments require him/her to make changes in the app.
- Depending on demand, the fare may change. When demand is high, price dynamics increase the
fare for a short period of time. In this way, Moon Private Hire can ensure in the long term that
Vehicles are available much more quickly when there is a request. When demand is low, the fare
drops to the normal price. The fare is always communicated prior to the start of the journey and
does not change once the journey has been confirmed by the customer.
- At the end of the transport service, the passenger must pay the fare as defined in these terms and
conditions. The provider is not authorised by Moon Private Hire to collect the fare in cash. In
particular, these terms and conditions are also an essential part of the agency relationship
between Moon Private Hire and the respective provider.
- The passenger can pay the fare or If the booking customer is not also the passenger, the
customer can pay the fare for the passenger by triggering the payment in the App.
- The customer must ensure that the mobile device is functional during the entire payment process.
this includes in particular that the device has sufficient power, a mobile data connection and the
latest version of the app.
- The customer waives the receipt of a paper receipt and accepts that the invoice receipt for the
transportation service will be sent to himself/herself as an email to the email address he/she has
registered with Moon Private Hire.
- The following applies to payments made by the Customer by credit card using the App: (a) The
Customer assures the validity of the means of payment indicated by himself/herself to the Credit
Card Payment Service and his/her authorisation in this regard. The customer agrees that the
means of payment indicated by himself/herself will be charged by the credit card payment service
in the amount of the fee owed by the customer to Moon Private Hire. Moon Private Hire reserves
the right to have the customer's authorisation checked by means of common verification
procedures (3D-Secure or Mastercard Identity Check). (b) If the amount owed by the customer to
the payment service from the credit card is not paid out or if the processing fails in any other
the customer will make up the payment immediately. If the customer is at fault, he/she will
indemnify Moon Private Hire and the credit card payment service.
Liability in case of accidents
- The Customer rides in the Vehicle at his/her own risk and waives - except in cases of intent and
gross negligence - any liability towards the driver and owner of the Vehicle for compensation for
any accidental damage, insofar as this cannot be compensated by any insurance benefit. This
waiver does not apply to cases of injury to life, body and health, insofar as the accident was
caused by the driver of the Vehicle, nor to damages arising from the breach of essential
contractual obligations (cardinal obligations). Material contractual obligations are those whose
fulfilment makes the performance of the contract of carriage possible in the first place and on
whose fulfilment the customer relies and may rely.
- Liability for property damage to any person transported is excluded insofar as the damage
exceeds 1,000 GBP and is not due to intent or gross negligence.
- If, in the event of an accident, a third party is liable for damages in addition to the driver and
of the Vehicle, the customer shall limit his/her claim for damages against the third party to the
partial amount corresponding to the extent of the third party's joint liability.
- In the event that an ancillary action is brought, the customer waives the reimbursement of ancillary
action costs to the driver and owner of the Vehicle, insofar as these are not to be covered by legal
- For damages that are not accident damages in the aforementioned sense, the liability of Moon
Private Hire is determined according to these terms and conditions.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy
contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the
provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above)
or by email to [email protected]. Such notice will be deemed
received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in
full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Moon Private Hire shall be
governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Scotland and Moon Private Hire and you
agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland.